SITHS Entry Procedures & Photo ID
Entry Procedures and School Photo I.D. Policy
Please review the following Staten Island Technical High School guidelines and reminders regarding entry procedures each morning:
Daily Entry into School
- All students must enter through the cafeteria starting at 7:15 a.m.
- The exceptions to this rule are students who are attending a 0 period College Now program and/or music class.
- All other students arriving before 7:15 a.m. must wait outside until the cafeteria entrance opens for scanning and use this entrance for arrival. The main entrance is not to be used for entry in the morning.
- Students that arrive late to SITHS after 8:40 a.m. These students are to enter through the main entrance and scan-in.
- Students who do not have their SITHS issued school I.D. Please obtain a printed temporary I.D. slip. College Now and 0 period music students without I.D.’s must return to the front desk at 8:40 a.m. in order to obtain a printed temporary I.D. slip for the day.
- Students who have lost or failed to bring their I.D. card to school - Please purchase a new I.D. at the S.O. Store. If you have attempted to get a new I.D. card made but an employee was not available to issue you one, please see a dean immediately.
- Students who have failed to bring their Photo ID to school for the 7th time in the Fall or Spring term will serve TWO mandatory detentions.
- Failure to report to detention will result in a parent conference.
- Unsupervised Areas - At no time is any student allowed to be in any unsupervised area. This includes the cafeteria and cafeteria lobby before 7:15 a.m. Any students found to be in an unsupervised area will be referred to the deans.
- Please refer to the back of this policy for detailed instructions/descriptions of use for the entrances/exits in our building.
This entrance will remain the entrance in which all students will enter and scan in during the morning entry from 7:00 a.m. to 8:46 a.m.
Main Entrance (Exit 6)
This entrance will be used only as entry way for guests/visitors, and students who come late to school or start period 3.
This exit will be used by students who end their school day after 6th or 7th period. No other students will be permitted to use this as an exit out of the building at any other time during their school day.
This exit will continue to be used for all guests/visitors throughout the entire school day. This exit will be locked and alarmed after 3:30 p.m. and all visitors and staff leaving after this time will enter and exit out of Exit 12.
Exit 8 (Near Room 127)
This will be an exit for all students being dismissed at the end of 8th and 9th period only. At all other times of the day these exit doors will remain locked and alarmed.
Exit 12 (Gym lobby)
This will be an exit for all students leaving the building after 8th period dismissal or 9th period dismissal. At all other times of the day these exit doors will remain locked and alarmed.