SITHS Entry Procedures & Photo ID
Please review the following Staten Island Technical High School guidelines and reminders regarding entry procedures each morning:
Daily Entry into School
- All students must enter through the Student Cafeteria doors starting at 7:15 a.m. The student lunchroom will be the holding the area for students before the school day begins.
- The exceptions to this rule are students who are attending a 0 period College Now program and/or music class.
- All other students arriving before 7:15 a.m. must wait outside until the cafeteria entrance opens for scanning. The main entrance is not to be used for student entry in the morning.
- Students that arrive late or for a 2nd period start after 8:05 a.m should enter through the cafeteria entrance and scan-in.
- Students who do not have their SITHS issued school I.D. Please obtain a printed temporary I.D. slip. College Now and 0 period music students without I.D.’s must return to the scanning sites based on their grade, in order to obtain a printed temporary I.D. slip for the day.
- Students who have lost or failed to bring their I.D. card to school - Please purchase a new I.D. at the S.O. Store. If you have attempted to get a new I.D. card made but an employee was not available to issue you one, please see a dean immediately.
- Students who continue to not bring their Photo ID to school will result in parent intervention.
- Unsupervised Areas - At no time is any student allowed to be in any unsupervised area. This includes the cafeteria and cafeteria lobby before 7:15 a.m. Any students found to be in an unsupervised area will be referred to the deans.
- Please refer to the back of this policy for detailed instructions/descriptions of use for the entrances/exits in our building.
Exit 4 (Near school auditorium)
This will be an exit choice that can be used for all students being dismissed at the end of 9th period only. At all other times of the day these exit doors will remain locked and alarmed.
Exit 12 (Gym lobby)
This will be an exit choice that can be used for all students leaving the building after 8th period dismissal or 9th period dismissal. At all other times of the day these exit doors will remain locked and alarmed.