Within Staten Island Technical High School’s College and Career Preparatory curriculum, all core and elective courses are taught at the Honors and Advanced Placement level.
Our school places a high priority on academics and developing exemplary character, scholarship, service, leadership, and citizenship, while cultivating innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship. Formative and individualized pedagogy with real-time feedback utilizing modern assessment tools are used to measure and improve student performance in and out of the classroom.
The SITHS community fosters the development of well-rounded, passionate learners through engaging academics and participation in athletics, student activities, cultural immersion and community service while fostering strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills combined with critical thinking and problem solving.
In support of our mission, it is our pledge to:
- Support close communication between home and school that ensures greater parent/guardian involvement.
- Expose and engage students in the use of modern technologies that support the literacy and communication skills required of the 21st Century College and Career ready student.
- Provide and encourage ongoing professional development opportunities for our faculty and staff.
- Encourage and promote student involvement in local and global issues through classroom instruction, activities, clubs and experiential learning opportunities.
- Encourage lifelong fitness and health awareness.