Summer Discovery Program
Updated July 2, 2023
Dear Discovery Program Student, Parents and Caregivers,
Please review the information below regarding the 2023 Summer Discovery program.
- Begins, Wednesday, July 5, 2023 - Ends, Thursday, August 3, 2023
- Monday thru Thursday – 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. There are no classes on Friday.
- 3 classes daily, conducted in-person at Staten Island Technical High School. Your daily summer program is shared below, which will include the course subjects and your teacher’s contact information.
Student Groups & Schedules:
PROGRAM for SUMMER 2023
- Students enrolled in the Discovery Program are expected to be on time and present each day for the duration of the program. Students should report to their first period classroom at the designated times, where there will be Live Daily Instruction. Students are expected to attend all 18 days of the program and adhere to the NYC DOE Discipline code. Not complying with the academic, attendance and disciplinary expectations will result in your dismissal from the Discovery Program.
- Student Cafeteria (See Map below)
Breakfast & Lunch:
- Available upon Entry and Dismissal
What Do I Need To Bring:
- Pens, pencil a notebook and your personal mobile computer. You will need to bring your Personal Computer Device on all days (see BYOD below for more info). We will be setting up all devices on our network in preparation for usage this summer and starting in the Fall. Use this link to learn more about what type of device you should purchase for your 4 years at SI Tech: http://bit.ly/2x7ndqY
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD):
- SITHS is a BYOD - Bring Your Own Device school, where students will provide their own personal computer devices for use in the classroom (when physically in school) and at home for academic use. Please review our BYOD document for further information. If you need help obtaining a device, we can provide support using this link to request a device: https://goo.gl/FxAzLM.
If a Parent / Guardian Needs to Pick up Child Early:
- Use the main entrance on Clawson St. & Lindbergh Ave.
Who Do I Contact if I have a Question:
- Irene Della Croce, Secretary: 718-667-3222 Ext 1213
- Alexis Kirschbaum, AP Guidance (718-667-3222 Ext 1221) [email protected]
- Dr. John Davis, AP Administration [email protected]
Should you have any questions about the program specifics, please contact Assistant Principal, Alexis Kirschbaum via email at [email protected].
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you.