- This is a competitive program with limited spaces available. The deadline to apply to the program is February 19, 2023. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please attach the following documents when submitting your application:
- Your resume
- Your transcript
- A 500 word personal essay that tells us about you. (The essay can be one you have sent to colleges.)
- Interviews will take place in February and March.
- Candidates will be notified of their acceptance into the program by the end of March.
The ULF Program is open to high school SENIORS only. The criteria for selection include:
- Graduating high school senior who resides in New York City
- Strong interest in a career in finance, business, law, government, and/or public policy
- Availability to work full-time for the six-week duration of the paid internship in addition to a few afternoons in June
- A 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent computer skills
- A well-written personal essay
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Submission of a complete online ULF application to Futures and Options
- Participation in a one-on-one interview
Students will work in-person 40 hours per week for six weeks starting Wednesday, July 5, 2023 and ending Friday, August 18, 2023.
To enrich their experience, ULF students will be also be paired with young professionals working in public finance who will serve as mentors to whom they can turn for professional advice as they enter careers in business and finance. Young Professional Mentors and students will meet for two events and communicate throughout the program. Young Professional Mentors will provide input to students on their assigned work-based challenges and other assigned projects.
Orientation and Career Development Workshops
Before the program begins, students are required to attend a Futures and Options orientation, pre-program trainings, and opening breakfast with Municipal Forum Leaders, Sponsoring Firm Mentors, and Futures and Options staff members. Students will also be required to attend a series entitled "Municipal Bond School." Students will also be required to attend additional Futures and Options career development workshops throughout the six weeks.
Please click here to apply for the 2023 Urban Leadership Fellows Program!
Please click here to submit your letter of recommendation.
Futures and Options
120 Broadway, Suite 1019, New York, NY 10271
P. 212.601.0002; F. 212.601.0005